Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you ladies:)!
I remember with the bird, I wasn't sure of the positioning of the feet. I still think it needs feet, if only showing a tiny bit, but that would be too difficult for me right now. I think I need to start with some practice stuff first, and not try to just jump in and finish a nicer piece.

The glass photo/painting looks better online lol. In person my eye goes straight to the places where I had the most difficulty, and unfortunately I went over it too many times with a wet brush, and compromised the paper. I won't point out where that was ;). Strange how the orange paint really faded.. it did used to be orange!

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
The glass photo/painting looks better online lol. In person my eye goes straight to the places where I had the most difficulty, and unfortunately I went over it too many times with a wet brush, and compromised the paper. I won't point out where that was ;). Strange how the orange paint really faded.. it did used to be orange!
It's like my artist friend always says to me, you always notice your own mistakes and that's all you tend to focus on. none of us can even see the flaws.

I think you'll be fine when you start up again. You clearly have a natural talent for it. Just try whatever feels most natural and enjoyable to you.

·
Administrator
55,116 Posts
If I could draw like you, I'd be drawing constantly instead of making PhotoShopped pictures!!

Michaels Craft Store is always having 40 and even 50% off coupons for their regular priced items...
If you space out your purchases (or go to multiple stores) you'll be able to buy your supplies and not spend a lot doing so! :D

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well if you could "draw like me" nowadays, you'd probably still be Photoshopping :laughing:

Thanks for the tip on Michael's, Deborah :). I would think they'd be less expensive than an art store even at regular price I'm guessing.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.