Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So those of you have read about Raz's recent 2 day food strike (Here:"Raz isn't pooping" thread). It was due to not getting enough seed as I switched him to pellets too soon. Here he is eating happily again now that I removed the pellets :).

Also I got some funny (though very blurry pics) of Nemo constantly chasing Raz away from the seed dishes. She has to eat 1st so if Raz starts eating before she does she chases him off, eats her fill and then he can eat. They have 2 other dishes of food plus veggies and an entire studio apartment to fly around in but despite that if Raz does something like eats or plays with a toy little Missy has to zoom over and remind him that as the Queen Bee she must have 1st go at anything :laughing:.

Hope you like :)

Yay! Raz is eating normally again! :D

Nemo joining in on the food

Look at Nemo's little derp face! Looking calmly at the camera after chasing Raz away lol

Queen Nemo reminding Raz that she eats first!

Raz and Nemo

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
It's good to know your Raz wasn't sick after all and is eating well again.
Him and Nemo look very happy and healthy, thanks for updating and sharing the pics! :D

Reactions: Ciralaine

·
Administrator
55,336 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that Raz is eating normally again. :clap: :clap:

Budgies can easily starve themselves to death when they don't have access to enough of the food source they are most familiar with and prefer.

Great pictures of your two little beauties! :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's good to know your Raz wasn't sick after all and is eating well again.
Him and Nemo look very happy and healthy, thanks for updating and sharing the pics! :D
Thankyou Aluz! Despite being a little angry with myself for not thinking about the pellet changes I am happy that he's healthy and that's the main thing :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so glad to hear that Raz is eating normally again. :clap: :clap:

Budgies can easily starve themselves to death when they don't have access to enough of the food source they are most familiar with and prefer.

Great pictures of your two little beauties! :)
Thanks :). Yes I know that now! I gave pellets because he used to eat them fine but 6 months on an all seed diet while at my Aunt and Uncle's has led him to prefer seed only :rolleyes:.

Thanks xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.