Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to rearrange BB's cage. We switched the setup and I took my girls to the pet store to choose some new goodies for our feather baby to play with. She was curious but cautious with the new stuff. We got her a couple of shredding items and one of those basket ball net toys. What kind of toys do your budgies love? I would love to hear about them to get some ideas for Christmas :)

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
My budgies have the basketball toy. I've seen one female play with it the right way and Sage tried to pull it off the cage bars and was annoyed when she couldn't, lol!

I have a lot chewing toys for mine, as this is what they seem to enjoy the most, over the plastic toys, with the exception of bells, they enjoy those two.
They also have some ladders, paper sticks, kabobs, a couple of play gyms, rope perches for climbing about outside of their cage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Bella loves shredding toys so I usually stock up on a couple of those for her. There are also lots of DIY shredding toys which I should probably start making since she goes through them pretty quickly :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Paper sticks? Like the lollipop ones?

Yes I saw one toy that looked easy enough to make. It was a big ball of shredded paper tied together by some thin rope.

Yes I got her a kabob too. She approached and explored each new item and went back to her favourite thing in her cage, a thick cardboard tube that I attached vertically to the cage. She loves shredding it up!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
All of the birds I have had in the past enjoyed shredding kabobs. I think they are made of yucca.
Also, you can give them sea grass twists (those are usually located in the rodent section of pet stores).

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
Here's a link to the Paper party sticks

I used the party sticks in the birds salad holder outside the cage. I put some sugar snap peas in it and the sticks so they had to pull them out to get to the treats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.