Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it's been 12 days since I've brought my budgie home, I can say that I've done a great progress with my boy. I am always talking with him and can see that he is listening and trying to understand. I've been repeating these sentences to him "Hey,how's it going?", "I love you", I don't know for sure yet but it feels like hes almost going to say it cause he makes these weird noises or hes beak starts moving but he can't say anything ( like hes talking but the voice is not there). I've taken him to the vet after my last thread where I was worried about him. By the way I live in Cyprus/Greek side so have seen that people complain about no Avian Vets but I have to say that's not the case so here is one that I can tell those who might one day need an Avian Vet in Cyprus "Charalampos Petevinos (99 587082)

We found out that my boy had mites and he gave me some liquid to stop this by applying to the back of his head every 2 weeks. Other than that everything about his health was perfectly well, touch wood, I'm glad I took early precaution cause now he seems happy :)

Furthermore few days ago I left his cages door open and we kept talking to each other from up above where hes cage is situated while I was watching some TV. It was a great moment when I saw him step up on the cage door and start looking at me from there, about 30 min later he jumped and flied near me and started just exploring on the ground. I went and got some seeds on my hand and managed to get him to come to my hand "with my patience" haha. It was awesome I was hand feeding him :) so thats how its been with my birdie for those that might have been interested!

+I'm only bothered to post this due to the great friendliness on this website! so thumbs up to everyone on this page :)

Oh and his name is Keanu like Keanu Reeves :budgie:

Attachments

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Hi again, I'm glad that your budgie boy is doing well and making good progress with you. It's great that you took him to the vet and he has been treated for mites, since it's a very mild case, your Keanu will soon be rid of them!
Thank you for the update! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.