Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
I say yes because recessive can have wing markings.

Hopw you don't mind Stacy but this is Chibi-Chibi with wings markings and he is recessive I think

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
That's what I thought cuz his grey patches are very skippish just like Spade's blue patches. Cheeko doesn't look recessive to me lol.

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
That's what I thought cuz his grey patches are very skippish just like Spade's blue patches. Cheeko doesn't look recessive to me lol.
It says that if the eyes are very light - lighter than a normal budgies it is a double factor but if the eyes are normal it is a recessive pied

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
His eyes are dark - but I am still edging on dom pied
Recessive pied is no iris rings after 6 months.

DF Dominant pied is iris ring after 6 months. OR he could be a combo of 2 types of pied. :D

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
hahahaha :laughing: I had no clue to begin with. Let's just hush and wait for the experts :laughing: Poor debbie is probably sitting there with big question marks on top of her head :giggle:

Actually what teasha said made sense. Ace is recessive and has her baby blacks still and spade is dom and has iris.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
OMG! Mutations are confusing! :p Right I am staying out of this now, I have no clue :eek:
Amberlea, what you say IS true! That much I know. I also am unsure how to tell if it is two different pieds. So we're in the same boat. Dad looks like he has no iris ring, which means he is recessive pied. To get recessive pied, I believe 2 parents have to have it so maybe mom is split for it? I think I would guess recessive pied.

Nev, toni or Barrie will come along and clear this up. :D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if this confuses more in to the mix but their previous clutch included 2 x albinos, a sky blue opaline and a grey dilute and grey pied (different coloured cheek patches)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Not sure if this confuses more in to the mix but their previous clutch included 2 x albinos, a sky blue opaline and a grey dilute and grey pied (different coloured cheek patches)
Lol. Ok let's see if I can remember. I think dad must be split for opaline since it's sex linked. Albino is sex linked as well. So he would be split for that as well. And all of those chicks would be females. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is an opaline dominant pied with a lot a clear areas. I don't think he is a combination pied. Although he looks like a double factor dominant pied he can't be one unless both parents were dominant pied.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.