Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for a budgie to be visually Recessive Pied AND Spangle?
Because I'm sure that's what my new girl is. I'll get pictures up later I don't have my camera at the moment, I'm stumped though.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It sure is.

Here's a picture of my boy who is recessive pied and spangle.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, and your boy is gorgeous! :love:

I'm not so sure that's what [insert namer here] is, I think her markings are too regualr to be Recessive Pied (she is unmistakeably Spangle though), but she has the Recessive Pied small amount of body colour on the belly (she looks quite a lot like yours actually, she's definitley Yellowface II).

I'm not making much sense... :eek:

The back of her neck and v between her wings is completley clear, and there are small patches of body colour on the wings, but not the usual Opaline Spangle type, if you know what I mean?

I'll post photos as soon as I can, thank you for your help. :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Look at pictures of my Owl, she is an opaline recessive pied. Not spangle though. She has patches of body color between her wings and on her wings and what look like little grey blue clouds on either side on back of her neck. Not the best pics but hopefully you can tell.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a girl, Maudie (Sorry, no pics) Who is an amazing combination of cinnamon, spangle, opaline, and recessive pied. So yeah, it's possible, and boy is she pretty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.