Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the greatest pictures in the world of her, but I tried. Can you tell from these? Also her age? I am thinking 6-8 months, but honestly I have no idea!

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
She could be a double factor pied?
If not she is recessive.
But I can tell you which one because I am rubbsih :eek: I suspect double factor pied but I'll wait for an expert.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I'm also guessing sky blue double factor dominant pied. But let's wait for the experts. :p

Does she have iris rings?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No iris rings, big cute black eyes. Pink feet, her baby scallops are a darker colour blue than her other blue patches.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She looks like a double factor dominant pied but if she is not developing iris rings she could be a combination of dominant pied and recessive pied. She is not just recessive pied

I think you are probably right about her age

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
She looks identical to my Topaz who is Both Dominant and Recessive pied visually

at first I just thought she was a double factor Dominant Pied until she was set up with a recessive pied and had Recessive pied babies then I realized she's almost 2 yrs old and no iris rings

You may have to use a flash light (I use an LED one not so hard on their eyes) or use the sunlight in the window and get the right angel to see if she has any iris rings IF she's even old enough to have them I have another one I can't see the iris rings she'll be 2 in a couple months, but In a picture I have of her I can see them they're very light not the white iris rings that most 1 1/2 yrs old Dominant pieds have but just to be in the room looking at her you can't tell she has any at all I just got lucky with one of the pics I took because I had probably 15 others from the same day and the iris's never showed up in them

attached is my Topaz

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lindsey, do you mind posting some photos of your recessive pieds?
Her scallops look just as faint as Jaspers to me, but I've never had a budgie with 'regular' markings!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The markings on recessive pieds are often lighter than the markings on a normal. It does not mean that they are greywing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.