Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Member of the Month September 2012
3,722 Posts
Ziggy and Alice poked at it the other day, if that counts :p. I've never really had any success when it comes to giving them prepared foods. Like, they won't even eat salads I make them :rolleyes:. The closest thing they've eaten to prepared food is their sprouts with dandelion root and other remedies mixed in.

I'll try to get some pictures of the treats, but you guys probably know by now how lazy I am :p.

The treats turned out quite well, though. I'm sure you're budgies would enjoy them :).
Just for the record, I would NEVER classify You as "Lazy", Robyn, and I don't believe Anyone here thinks that about you!

· Member of the Month September 2012
3,722 Posts
Haha, obviously you guys don't know me that well, then ;P. Everyone I know-friends, parents, teachers-would tell you I'm not the most motivated person on earth. I mean, I always get in the 90s for my courses and hand in my stuff on time the majority of the time, but I'm such a lazy person in my day to day life. When I was a baby, I had my parents bottle feed me. By this, I mean I never once held the bottle myself. One day, I put my hand on the bottle for like ten seconds and apparently my parents got extremely excited :D. I'd just lay there on my back with my arms flopped to my sides. Man, even when I was a baby I was lazy as heck. Heck, my parents even joke about how I'd starve to death if anything were to happen to them. Sadly enough, all my friends agree. But in all honesty, everyone's amazed that I've been taking such good care of my budgies for almost the past two years now. Before, I might not have even gotten out of bed till 6pm!

Man, I actually forgot I made them the treats! I better thaw one out tomorrow! On a good note, Ju's cere is much more blue and he seems to be getting his appetite back. I've doused their sprouts in cayenne for the past few days, and they seem to really enjoy it. Man, even Juey's perked up! I wonder if the cayenne might be relieving some of his pain and inflammation.
That's what I'm Talking about: the Treats!!! AND the ground up dandelion root, AND the cayenne (the Cayenne???) By the way, how much cayenne is in your Dousing? (Tsp, Tbs, etc?...) Is it organic? Love to know!

So Thrilled to hear little Ju is rallying again - it's touch and go, day to day, with these guys, isn't it...Every other day Bluebie seems better or worse - nothing big and dramatic, but subtle changes. He's still active and happy throughout, though, so that's always the best sign!
Whenever I think about whether or not a "home remedy" is an effective treatment for something like cancer, I always remember that classic medical procedures don't always work, either (for instance, Lupron didn't work for Cody - and I heard that it was a kind of "magic bullet" against a budgie tumor...)
So I try not to worry or feel guilty about my choices - and you've helped me Immensely with that, Robyn!
So thanks again - apparently it took a Super Lazy person to help me with a Very serious problem! :eek: :D ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.