Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Requesting Info on Black faced.

Hey guys,

I've searched this category, the forum, and the internet on info on the black faced mutation, I may have overlooked, as I usually can, If anyone could kindly point me in the direction of some information, or post it up here I'd greatly appreciate it!

I'd also be interested in any information offered on anthracite.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I didn't find much info on the mutation either, I'd like to try a breeding project on it, but there's not enough available information out there to even start,.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
you could ask Nev90 of Dean (Guthwulf) if they have anyinfo, im sure they;ll know something about it:)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
An amazing mutation, isn't it :)

I'm not sure the mutation still exists anymore! :( For it to be only found in Netherlands, and the fact that we can't find a few decent pictures of it, it must be extremely rare :)

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
An amazing mutation, isn't it :)

I'm not sure the mutation still exists anymore! :( For it to be only found in Netherlands, and the fact that we can't find a few decent pictures of it, it must be extremely rare :)
nope! a friend of mine had one a while back , it was sick and died within hours. She thought it was the uglyiest thing ever! i wanted to slap her. Now she has a Macaw :mad:

Annnd a member here posted something about one " Why does my budgie have stripes?" or something like that ? i keep trying to find it, its amazing i really want one

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Argggh! Yes, it's an extremely attractive mutation, Stacey, I'm glad you could control your Impulses,If it were me hand would've met face lol!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
There are a few internet articles about them, even one or two from the Budgerigar society. But since it is such a rare variety still (possibly extinct as some rumour would have it) I didn't bother to read up on it too much as it's unlikely I will ever come across one.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If wild budgies could be bred to domestic ones, would we see mutations which we haven't seen so far? It seems to me the wild stock, numbering in the thousands, would have a more varied gene pool which, if we could introduce only a few more wild budgies, might make the chances of generating something like a black budgie even greater.

Australia is strict about not exporting any more wild animals though, not even for species that have been domesticated. Well, I agree with it; at least they're protecting their wildlife. But I do wonder what we're missing, not having access to a wider gene pool. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.