Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, new to the forum page as I've never owned budgies before. I'm so eager to learn and bond with my new feather babies! I'm still reading all the posts and everything here, but I'm hoping to know what kind of budgies they are? I think they are a boy and girl just judging by their nose hues.
We don't know how old they are, or how much they were handled. I do think however they were not let out of their severely too small cage. They've had a huge* upgrade in enclosure size, food & dishes, cleanliness, toys, snuggle hut and perches.
Bonding and taming will take time I know that :) They will willingly eat out of my hand so far but are still getting used to the chaos that is my home. I hope to make a fort or get a tent of sorts to slowly help them get comfortable with me and coming out of their cage.
If you've made it this far, sorry for my poor writing style lol I'd love to know anything and everything about my birds!
Bird Vertebrate Pet supply Parrot Bird supply

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome! What a lovely thing you did, helping these birds out. I can tell you want the best for them. I hope they feel at home soon. Did you name them yet?

I cannot help you with the genders, but I am sure someone will be along shortly who can.

The one in front seems a bit puffed up. Does he do that all the time?

If you have not found it yet, you might want to check out this topic on snugglehuts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! What a lovely thing you did, helping these birds out. I can tell you want the best for them. I hope they feel at home soon. Did you name them yet?

I cannot help you with the genders, but I am sure someone will be along shortly who can.

The one in front seems a bit puffed up. Does he do that all the time?

If you have not found it yet, you might want to check out this topic on snugglehuts.
Jeeze! Snugglehut is gone!
The dark blue (boy?) is Ocean, and the light blue (girl?) is Sky. No he's not puffed up all the time. What does it mean? Theyre usually pretty chattery and chippy. I'm still learning all their sounds and body language too.
Thanks for the reply! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lovely names! Mine are called Storm and Mist, so their names pretty much are in the same category.

If a bird sits puffed up, it can be a sign of illness. I think you might find this topic interesting. It is about their body language.

·
Administrator
57,216 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being
Locating an Avian Veterinarian

You have two very handsome MALE budgies!

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
18,564 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!!
Your two boys are adorable. I’m glad you’ve gotten rid of the snuggle hut and are making your way through the forums.

If you have any questions after reading through the links provided above, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help. They’ll help you stay updated on the best of budgie care practices!
Hope to see you around and it’s great to have you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi there and welcome to the forums!!
Your two boys are adorable. I’m glad you’ve gotten rid of the snuggle hut and are making your way through the forums.

If you have any questions after reading through the links provided above, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help. They’ll help you stay updated on the best of budgie care practices!
Hope to see you around and it’s great to have you!
Thank you! 😊

1 - 16 of 16 Posts