Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted to ask what the mutations of my budgies were and the possible chick outcomes, well they now have chicks that are 3 weeks old so I thought I would post for you all to see as promised :)
The parents are in the first pic again and then the chicks, they had 4 in total 3 are very similar and have similar colours to dad minus the spangle, they are violet with a yellow face, the smallest of the 4 looks to be the odd one out and has a white face with sky blue feathers appearing, it is having a munch on my hand in the pic! I am pleased with my chickies she has been a good mum, dad has yet to get a look in though! so not sure how he will be but he is interested in them. She pretty much started brooding when the clutch was finished too so there is no huge difference in the chicks which I am pleased about, she laid a total of 6 eggs the first was thrown out the nest box broken and the second was infertile, hope you like them :)

Attachments

·
Member of the Month July 2011
3,661 Posts
Aww, they're gorgeous chicks, as are the parents, and those photos do a good job of showing that. Glad your breeding project worked out for you. I'll look forward to seeing more as the chicks develop. Thanks for sharing your good news.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some more pics taken yesterday, The first is mum and dad with baby the second and third are two of the little ones and the last is of their cage, they are 5 weeks old now and it looks like I have 2 girls and 2 boys they are weaned already so can start to go to new homes now :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.