Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rio's going through a molt, I've swept up lots of feathers and I can see pinnies on her head. She has her playing/flying sessions but they make her so tired. The little stinker, I'll put her in her cage and she starts jumping around and will only nap on her playground. She's eating fine but won't eat egg....is there anything else that would help her out? Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
60,609 Posts
Try giving her cooked quinoa (rinse it carefully and completely before cooking) mixed with some flax seed.

If it turns out she likes that, then the next time you give it to her, take about 1/4 of a hard-boiled egg yolk and stir it into the quinoa and flax seed mixture. You may find she'll eat the egg when it's mixed with the other ingredients.

·
Super Moderator
20,168 Posts
Poor silly Rio! Mallorn's in her worst moult of the year, she can certainly relate.

Interestingly, Mallorn doesn't like hard boiled egg either. She loves scrambled eggs, though. I make her some whenever I make them for myself, with no salt, just a pinch of cayenne pepper and turmeric. Egg in all forms is great protein--if she doesn't take to hard boiled no matter what, maybe it's worth a try!

Flax seeds are also very good for birds that are moulting ;)

Best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.