Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never really talked about Albie's older "brother", Dudley. He was a Cairn Terrier mix. He came to me from a Cairn rescue group more than 14 years ago. Over the years he's seen me through college, a marriage, two cross country moves, four kids, and countless other life experiences. He was pretty much the best dog ever.

He went to the rainbow bridge yesterday at age 14.5. The vet said it was lymphoma and there really wasn't much they could do for him. It seemed kinder to let him peacefully pass than to let him continue to decline and suffer. I wish I could have somehow transformed him back into a puppy to do it all over again. He was that special. RIP sweet Dudley boy (1/19/2002 - 5/17/2016).

·
Member Spotlight Award March 2016
1,867 Posts
:( my sincere and deepest sympathies on your loss.Dudley was a beautiful dog.I love dogs so much and miss mine as well.sending you comforting prayers in your time of sorrow.blessings and we're here for you.dogs truly are a humans best friend.thank you for the beautiful photos.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
You have my deepest sympathies over your Dudley's passing. :(
No matter how long we have been blessed by their companionship, it's never easy to part with our precious little friends.
Your cute boy will forever be close to your heart and his memory will never fade.

Rest in peace, Dudley. You will always be loved and missed.

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Jen,

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss of sweet Dudley. :hug:

How lovely that you were blessed to have him in your life for over 14 years.

My prayers are with you during this difficult time and you are welcome to contact me anytime if you'd like to talk.
I know how hard this is. :hug:

Time cannot steal the treasures
that we carry in our hearts.
Nor ever dim the shining thoughts
our cherished past imparts
For the memories of the ones
we loved still cast a gentle glow,
To grace our days and light
our paths, wherever we may go.

~Author Unknown

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
Jen, Dudley was a very sweet little pup and I can tell he was much loved for all the years he spent with you. He must have been so well cared for with you and so spoiled to have lived such a wonderful long life!

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing, it's difficult to lose a friend after so many years.

Surely he's as young as a puppy again, frolicking around the fields of heaven, his tail wagging.

Rest in peace, Dudley, you will be missed.

Hugs and best wishes to you, Jen, during this time of grief :hug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.