Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are phenomena in morning glory.
Decolorizations (Margined or Blizzard) are dominant to a normal.
RNAi occurs these phenomena.

Normal

Margined

Blizzard

I think that Spangle or Dominant pied in budgie may be regulated by the same system?
Are there any studies about them?

Spangle

Dominant pied

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
I see that no one has answered yet. Since I know nothing about mutations hopefully someone will answer your question. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Plant genetic inheritance can be predicted in the same way as animal (or bird) genetics. They are governed by the same rules

There have been numerous studies of budgie genetics which is the reason we are able to predict how the genes will be inherited. The spangle budgie you posted has 4 modifying genes that are visible. 1 is recessive, 2 are dominant and 1 is sex-linked recessive. The genes are blue, spangle, violet & opaline. It could also carry other recessive genes that are hidden

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plant genetic inheritance can be predicted in the same way as animal (or bird) genetics. They are governed by the same rules

There have been numerous studies of budgie genetics which is the reason we are able to predict how the genes will be inherited. The spangle budgie you posted has 4 modifying genes that are visible. 1 is recessive, 2 are dominant and 1 is sex-linked recessive. The genes are blue, spangle, violet & opaline. It could also carry other recessive genes that are hidden
Thanks for your reply.
RNAi is dominant to normal gene in general.
The inhibition can be occurred, even if there are hetero (split).
So, I imaged dominant phenomena in budgies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.