Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, we have 4 little baby budgies from a new pair, Rocket and Iris. These two appear to be very fertile, 5 babies hatched and one egg remained, although this egg was fertile and was a few days off hatching when it died. I know this for sure because the hen (Iris) chucked the egg from the nest when the oldest baby was nearly 2 weeks old. The fifth baby died a day after it hatched :(. But we still have 4 babies left, and I can't wait for their colours to turn up!! Since this is a new pair, we were a little worried, as we didn't think they've ever bred before. but they seem to be doing fine. I suspect the hen may have bred before, she is flawless in rearing this lot. Does anyone know what colours may crop up? Iris is a Mauve, and Rocket is a sky blue pied (recessive, or maybe danish, sometimes his feathers glitter like a danish). I am curious, and very excited, I love breeding budgies for their colours. I'll post pics just as soon as I can find my camera cord! :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
100% cobalt split for recessive pied.danish pied and recessive pied should be the same thing.maybe you meant to say dutch pied which is another name for clearflight pied.If so 50% would be clearflight pied.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree with nazvolt, all blue series with one dark factor(cobalts) and split for recissive pied. We would love to see any pics you have! :) And pics of the parents also if you have them :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.