Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Birdhouse on the porch is having a particularly busy year. Right now, it has its second nest this year in it! When both parents were out I snapped two quick pictures. I think there are at least four noisy babies in there and the parents are in and out all day. I can actually hear the babies chirping from inside the house and unfortunately, so can my budgies but that's a different issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they are a kind of sparrow but the parents have been coming and going so much with all those mouths to feed that none of us have been able to get a clear look or picture.

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Very cool that you get to enjoy this wild show...thank you for sharing...:)

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's Delightful...I love your bird house...thank you for sharing :)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
That's wonderful, it's great to see the busy parents going about their lives and raising their young. Thanks for sharing the pics! :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lucky you! What kind? Look like baby thrushes. ( maybe remembering the name wrong..)
I managed to get a better look at one and I think it may be a house wren. The beak and tail position are similar. They say that they have two broods a season and sometimes even 3! That sounds like a lot of work for those poor parents. Those babies are demanding. I can't believe how many bugs they are finding :eek:.

·
Super Moderator
20,165 Posts
Bird parents are definitely very, very hardworking! :eek: I don't think I could do it, haha.
They are so cute! Love that you can enjoy them by your house, that's very cool.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bird parents are definitely very, very hardworking! :eek: I don't think I could do it, haha.
They are so cute! Love that you can enjoy them by your house, that's very cool.
Thanks for sharing!
Haha, I would not last long as a bird parent. I don't have the coordination to those moving beak target :laughing:. I'm not sure if it's sight but I got them a bit excited when I took the picture because of the shadow I assume as I repeated making a shadow over it two more times and they got excited each time and they do not sit still when asking for food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.