Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Rowan, my newest budgie.
He's just going through his first moult at the moment, but these are the only pictures I have of him and they're from before.
If you need pictures of him with his adult feathers then I can post them when his moult is finished.
My guess is that he's mauve blue, definatley normal, and if he's a boy (which I'm pretty certain of) he could be split for opaline, because he had two siblings in the cage with him at the store who were clearly girls and they were both opaline.

·
Registered
322 Posts
He looks like a male, and a cobalt. If his female siblings were opaline, it's very likely he is split for opaline. It depends what mutations the parents were though. If the female parent is opaline and the male parent is split for it, 25% of the offspring (half the males) will be split for opaline. If the female is normal and the male is opaline, 50% of the offspring (all the males) will be split. If the female is normal and the male is split, 25% of the offspring (half the males) will be split. Keep in mind that only males can be split. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.