Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll appreciate it if someone can confirm this bird's mutation. I think it is a RP spangle and I think it is cinnamon as well, because of the light grey body color.. I know this is not the best of photos!
Bird Eye Beak Pet supply Snowy owl

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I would need a better picture. It looks like the grey color covers the entire front of the bird. Most recessive pieds have color on the belly, but are clear on the top half. Can you also try to get a pic of the back?

I love grey birds. They're so beautiful.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Dries.....I'm going to way out on a flimsey limb here.Anyone feel free to cut it off.First glance at the pic you have at present.My first guess was a Mauve or Grey German Fallow Spangle.Leaning toward Mauve.In the pic it looks like it has red eyes with an iris.Fallow would explain the dilution of color. Not sure if it is the camera or not.What are the parents.Try to get a couple more pic's.Dose the bird have red eyes??? :)
Regards Jerry

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would need a better picture. It looks like the grey color covers the entire front of the bird. Most recessive pieds have color on the belly, but are clear on the top half. Can you also try to get a pic of the back?

I love grey birds. They're so beautiful.
Yes, the entire front is grey!
Hey Dries.....I'm going to way out on a flimsey limb here.Anyone feel free to cut it off.First glance at the pic you have at present.My first guess was a Mauve or Grey German Fallow Spangle.Leaning toward Mauve.In the pic it looks like it has red eyes with an iris.Fallow would explain the dilution of color. Not sure if it is the camera or not.What are the parents.Try to get a couple more pic's.Dose the bird have red eyes??? :)
Regards Jerry
No red eyes!
The bird has eye rings.. I thought RP don't developed eye rings?
Yes, how stupid can one be!
Still, it doesn't look like a normal Spangle!
OK, I'll try to get new pics!

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Yes, the entire front is grey!

No red eyes!

Yes, how stupid can one be!
Still, it doesn't look like a normal Spangle!
OK, I'll try to get new pics!
I'm assuming you're referring to yourself in that last bit. Certainly doesn't mean you are stupid for overlooking the iris rings. I have moments like that ALL the time. :laugh: I would be inclined to call this bird a cinnamon grey spangle from this picture and you telling me the entire front is grey (I couldn't really tell from the photo when I saw it on my computer. I can see it better now, on my phone).

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Either a cinnamon spangle grey or a dilute spangle grey. No recessive pied showing

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm assuming you're referring to yourself in that last bit. Certainly doesn't mean you are stupid for overlooking the iris rings. I have moments like that ALL the time. :laugh: I would be inclined to call this bird a cinnamon grey spangle from this picture and you telling me the entire front is grey (I couldn't really tell from the photo when I saw it on my computer. I can see it better now, on my phone).
Yes, I was referring to myself!
I agree with Erin, she looks like a grey cinnamon sf spangle to me too :)
Thanks!
Either a cinnamon spangle grey or a dilute spangle grey. No recessive pied showing
Thanks. I think its a Cinnamon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.