Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

As the festivities are almost upon us, I'm sure most of you will be looking for special presents for your little feathered friends.
I wanted to remind everyone about safety precautions when choosing toys and cage accessories for your birds. There are many pretty cute/cool looking accessories out there that I'm sure would be lots of fun for our feathered friends but please remember not all of them are safe. Please follow the link below for an interesting read on the dangers involved with some of the marketed 'bird safe' products out there.

https://www.parrotrescuecentre.com/...s/post/pet-parrot-and-foreign-body-ingestion/

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
Thank you for posting this reminder!!

Also, word of warning--I'm sure everyone does, but to those who are newer to budgies, always supervise them when they're out and around Christmas decorations, tinsel, lights, and trees. They can chew all of these things and it just would be decidedly un-jolly :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for this!!! I just bought Thor a toy with small ropes on it with frayed bottoms so they have been removed now and the rest seems okay and sturdy for him for chewing on. Thankfully we hadn't put it in his cage yet.

Can anyone advise what kind of rope materials are safe for budgies to have in their cage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.