Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying different fruits and veg with Sammy since he came home (I even took a note from Penry's owners and made some frozen fruit and veggie treats in case we don't have anything fresh in the house one day. Check out this awesome post here: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=213729). Since fresh fruit and veg in our neighborhood is pretty much limited to a small number of staples (boring) and what's in season, I've tried out everything that was easy to get my hands on: cherries (no pits; didn't touch), nectarine (didn't touch), orange (didn't touch), spinach (didn't touch), romaine lettuce (that went over pretty well), watermelon (didn't touch), carrots (eh), broccoli (another crowd pleaser), grapes (didn't touch) but nothing hit a home run with Sammy... until now!

Well today Sammy finally went wild over cilantro! Who would have thought?! :rolleyes:

Here's a video of him enjoying his cilantro leaves:

You'll have to excuse my husband filing papers in the background :laugh:

Reactions: Birding

·
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today we tried apple slices! I wedged two slices between the bars near his favorite spots in the cage and sat in front of him eating apple slices and saying "Yum yum!". It worked, and now he's going back and forth between his fresh cilantro and his apple slice! :)

:twothumbs: :happy4:

·
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never knew that cilantro was called coriander in Australia. To me, coriander is a dried spice and cilantro is a green. ;) I'm sure that your budgies also have their favorites, right? I can't imagine how many awesome things you must have to feed your budgies! It's slim pickings here in Madrid, but I'm glad to have found a few of Sammy's favorites!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.