Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! I've missed TB while on vacation, but I was really happy to go back to the US and see my family. Thank you to everyone for the good wishes about my dissertation defense... it paid off, and I'm now a Doctor of Iberian Studies! Yay!!!

Sammy changed a lot while we were gone, and he'll be five months old in a few days. He's so cute, more lovable now than before we left, and he's a bit more adventurous!

He's still chatting up a storm (his favorites: "Baby bird!" "I'm a parakeet" "Cheepy cheepy cheepy" "(the noise that the computer makes when I turn my speakers up and down)" "Kiss! SMOOOOOCH!" "Whatcha doing?"). I think it was a great idea to write down a list of the phrases that we've been working on for the breeder while we were away. She kept practicing them with him!

He also tried to escape his cage this morning to get the piece of carrot that I was going to give him. Ah, he loves his fruits and veggies!

Last night Sammy also dove right in to the sprinkle of water from the faucet and gave himself a little bath! He repeated it this afternoon, and I got a few pictures of him post-bath. He looks like a wet rat, but he's so cute. I am so happy that he's interested in bathing, because he was pretty scared of water until recently! Go Sammy!

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Sammy is handsome wet or dry....Congrats on your success....:)

Reactions: PrincipePio

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
It's good to have you back and congratulations, Dr. Bethany!! :clap::party:
Your Sammy sure has grown a lot and I love his wet look! :D

Reactions: PrincipePio

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Sammy looks very handsome in his post-bath wetness. :giggle:
What a cutie-pie he is.

It's great that the birdie-sitter helped Sammy practice his phrases while you were away.
Sammy definitely wanted to impress his Momma with what he can do since he knows she now holds the title of PhD!!

Congratulations, Bethany. :hug:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrats Dr. Bethany! Sounds like Sammy is very happy to have the whole family back together. He is looking as cute as ever, even when soaking wet. Keep writing down his words/phrases.

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much to everyone for the congrats! I am finishing up my last-minute revisions before I submit my final dissertation for publishing at the University. Of course, Sammy is entertaining me every step of the way! :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Congratulations Dr Bethany! Loving Sammy's soaked look :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.