Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Savvy has started to grow in his tail, and I've noticed some strange colors in it. There are black, white, powder blue, normal blue, and a feather that is half green and half blue. Has anyone seen this before? It is the feather on the top of his rump.

He is going to be a white based dominant pied. I'm trying not to get too excited, but some of the pins look like they might be slate.

And just because he is cute...

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
that is just the normal Dominant Pied tail

they have 2 long white tail feathers and the rest are Navy blue and black the smaller ones on the end are 2 toned navy blue and black

and yes that's a feather on his rump - Looks like he's going to be sky blue

Slate is extremely Rare I've never seen one in the U.S. plus it is sex linked on the X chromosome

this one is older than yours but here's a dominant pied babies tail (back corner)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, he is going to have a very colorful tail! :) I was just wondering why one of the feathers was green and blue, seeing that a white based bird isn't supposed to have green feathers. Maybe it will change color as it comes in?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yes, he is going to have a very colorful tail! :) I was just wondering why one of the feathers was green and blue, seeing that a white based bird isn't supposed to have green feathers. Maybe it will change color as it comes in?
thats not actually green Its a sky blue color its deeper in the tail feathers than on the body color

you can see it a little bit on this ones tail - even though he's not pied - the color will be about the same - its because they're sky blue

I thought I had a good pic of a fanned out tail but I can't find it now :( but If savvy wasn't pied and just normal sky blue her tail would look like the one above

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, okay--I thought it was strange to see green on him. Thanks so much for clarifying that for me! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.