Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I didn't cave in and get number 6, but a friend recently got a budgie and I wondered if you could have a crack at the sex and age.

I'm saying boy and he's still a young baby as he has his baby bars. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Oooh how adorably cute he is!!! When I read the title I also thought you got #6 :D. Are you considering maybe one more once everyone is settled? :D

ps... I'd love to see more pics of the one who's name I don't know... not Jimmy or Jay, not Skye or Sage, the other beautiful girl... Her mutation looks interesting and we haven't seen her really, unless it's on a post I missed ;).

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Handsome little fellow and such a baby yet...:)

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh Therm, he is so darling! :love:
Now you have me wanting to get another!

That's awesome that you are helping your friend learn the ins and outs of budgies!
I made a post on tumblr for her about male and female budgies. And just as well, she told me that at the pet store they told her its blue for a boy and pink for a girl and when she picked Rio, they gave her an odd look as they thought it was a girl (and she'd told them she wanted a male).
They also aged him at 12-16 weeks of age.

Oooh how adorably cute he is!!! When I read the title I also thought you got #6 :D. Are you considering maybe one more once everyone is settled? :D

ps... I'd love to see more pics of the one who's name I don't know... not Jimmy or Jay, not Skye or Sage, the other beautiful girl... Her mutation looks interesting and we haven't seen her really, unless it's on a post I missed ;).
Right now, I'm not considering number 6, but with the females waiting to join Jay and Jimmy and Skye still settling in, I couldn't house another one and put him in quarantine. Skye is settling in really well. He's currently exploring his room and getting some nice out of cage time. I haven't been able to tempt him with millet spray even in his cage so far so it's making bribery a little hard but I'm just happy that he's having a good time. So It's still not a no, but I don't feel he needs it right now.

Oh, you mean Sunny? Sage seems to be a bit more dominant of the two so overall, I spend the least amount of time with the girls. I'm looking forward to them being with the boys as I think having more space will be good for them. I will try and get some new pictures of her soon though. :)

Handsome little fellow and such a baby yet...:)
He is an adorable baby!

Darnit Therm I though you finally got #6 :laughing:

Anways, he is sooo adorable, I love his little baby eyes! :love: Agree with gender and age comments :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.