Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Lasso has a pattern on his chest. The tips of the feathers on his chest are a very light white or pale blue and show a distinct scalloped pattern. Is this normal for all budgies or is it possibly something special?

I tried to capture it in a photo in natural light, but it was VERY difficult and took many tries to even get this one.
So, I am including the original as well as a version I contrasted to make it show up better.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This can be seen on some young birds. Usually it means that their body color will change once they molt. Some mutations that will change the body color are yellow face, grey factor and violet factor. Or it could just mean the blue will get more intense. It is normal, around the chicks third month they will go through their first molt and their color intensifies.

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Actually, Charlie, who is in my siggy, has the exact same scalloped pattern! I don't know if you can see it in that picture, but he does. And he is 3 years old, so I don't believe that it is because he is young, because he isn't a baby! :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sparky has that same pattern, and he's really young. I think he might be going through a molt soon, though.

And I believe he has the violet factor. Maybe his violet will be more intense as he grows?

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Yeah my budgies have this also. Quite normal :)
your budgies a lovely colour!

·
MOTM December 2011
3,090 Posts
I ♥ Lasso's colors :p Diego also has that type of scallop -y chest... But his molting right now so I don't know if it'll stay ☻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.