Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy has fatty liver disease. I feed him a mixture of seeds and Zupreem pellets (fruit and natural but he only eats the fruit ones). Anyway I want to change the seed mix that I give him because the quality has gone downhill - new packages of it are full of sticks and debris. I’m assuming that could be harmful?

I was looking at getting Higgins Vita seed because it has no artificial preservatives or colors. I thought about others like Volkmanns but the Higgins has omega fatty acids and probiotics like his current brand does. One question I have though is that it contains hemp seeds - are those good for birds with fatty liver? The vet recommends omega 3 for fatty liver as it reduces cholesterol, but I can’t find much info on whether hemp seed has the good or bad fats. I’m also concerned that it has added sugar (presumably in the pellets), but so does the Zupreem. I tried Harrison’s pellets but he never ate them.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Higgins is a good seed mix. The of hemp seeds in the mix should not be a concern.

Have you tried Roudybush pellets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.