Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these pics on a gender thread but I'm curious about the mutation too.

I have my eye on this little birdy:

(and it's a girl right? :( I can't get it if it's a girl.)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Hmm Pictures aren't the best, it looks to be Opaline greywing, not sure on body colour to be honest from those pictures, looks like its a yellowface though.

Looks like a hen to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the colors are pretty accurate in the pictures, her body has very faint yellow/green/grey/blueish, it's the lack of sharpness and how grainy they are that's pretty bad. Sorry, had to take them with my cellphone!

But thanks, makes sense. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hmm Pictures aren't the best, it looks to be Opaline greywing, not sure on body colour to be honest from those pictures, looks like its a yellowface though.

Looks like a hen to me.
Have to say thats what I thought when I looked earlier but seeing as I'm new to it all i didn't want to give wrong information so thought i'd wait on someone more experienced. i think s/he's beautiful! :)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Have a look at these pictures and tell me if they look like the bird in your pictures.
first picture bird on the perch.
second picture bird on the left.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Yellow face opaline dilute blue female. It's hard to tell the shade of blue because it is so diluted but I think probably cobalt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have a look at these pictures and tell me if they look like the bird in your pictures.
first picture bird on the perch.
second picture bird on the left.

If you bleach out most of the colors it's something like that :p but she's got traces of all the colors I mentioned on her body, including faint yellow. Also the head isn't all yellow...I promise it's not the cam that makes the colors looked washed out, the bird actually looks like the picture. The marks on the wings are more greyish.

Like I said, weird bird!

She's at a pet store, it's tricky when you find a place like this because on the one hand you don't want to support having them like that (although the place has been around forever), but then it also means you're giving a little guy a better place to live rather than have it stuck there.

However I'm in a situation where I have 2 females and a male so I need a male, so I guess I can't take her. :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.