Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to take a new mug shot of a few of the birds today as they are a bit outdated, I'm keeping Glo's, Oscars and Franks though...

Rex: Complete
Frank: Complete
Oscar: Complete
Jocey: Complete
Louie: Complete
Citrus: Complete
Comet: Complete
Gloria: Complete

Wish me luck! :budgie:

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
HI. James can i ask a question what does a new mug shot of a few of the birds mean? Does that mean you are taking photo's as i have never heard of that saying before. But yes i wish you luck with what you are doing...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI. James can i ask a question what does a new mug shot of a few of the birds mean? Does that mean you are taking photo's as i have never heard of that saying before. But yes i wish you luck with what you are doing...
Sorry Lynn, like Allie said a mug shot is a picture of a criminal usually, but I use it because I move the birds into one of the quarantine cages to take their pictures so it's like a little budgie jail.

Lyn a mug shot is a term used to describe a picture of a criminal taken in a police station, James is just bein goofy :) Although it makes sense because Budgies are behind bars...

Can't wait to see updated pics!
I have taken them! Just looking through them :D

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here we go,

Citrus, Comet, Rex, Louie and Jocey... I'm loving Jocey's ;)
Comet doesn't seem to like the Camera, but you can see his change in colour... he's gone more yellow

Attachments

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
You were fast in taking the updated pictures! :) It's incredible how much Comet has changed!
My budgie Leonel who is also a yellowface type II dominant pied got all his patchy white feathers on the tummy changed to yellow after moulting and in some parts the light blue also changed to sea foam green.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You were fast in taking the updated pictures! :) It's incredible how much Comet has changed!
My budgie Leonel who is also a yellowface type II dominant pied got all his patchy white feathers on the tummy changed to yellow after moulting and in some parts the light blue also changed to sea foam green.
Leonel is very handsome little bird, do you have any close up pictures of him?
Comet is Yellow Face Type 2, Colbolt Dominant Pied...

·
21,823 Posts
Leonel is very handsome little bird, do you have any close up pictures of him?
Comet is Yellow Face Type 2, Colbolt Dominant Pied...
I don't have updated close up pics of him. My cell phone camera doesn't quite capture the yellow on him, either. I'll have to get a better camera.
My Leonel is sky blue.

·
21,823 Posts
Aw, okay! I'll look forward to seeing him.
Thanks, James! I will post updated pics of the flock in a couple of weeks time, after the New Year's craze.

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,147 Posts
Gorgeous pics, and congratulations on completing the task in record time. Especially considering the craziness of the season :clap:

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
Oh now i no silly me... James is being goofy again that is his sense of humor coming out. I thought i had heard that saying somewhere else. You are so funny James. Good luck. I look forward to seeing some photo's.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn't it funny how after a moult yellowfaced budgies turn a completely different color?
I hadn't even noticed until I put two pictures together then I was like... uhmmm Comet? Is that you? but luckily he still his his distinctive blue fold type look over one of his shoulders ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oscar looks just like my Mister FluffyFace. Except blue. Miffy has the flecks also, I wonder if it's a part show type thing cuz none of my wilds have flecks like that
Flecks normally appear in the spangled birds, not sure if them being show has anything to do with it, possibility though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.