Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Its quite hard to tell from the photos what sex they are, especially the second one because recessive pieds are harder to sex.

From what i can see, the first budgie is a Yellowface type two dominant pied grey male. The way you can tell its a male is by carefully inspecting the cere (fleshy coloured nose part above the beak). If there is pure white around the nostrils it is a girl, if it is a pink, blue or purpley pink colour with no white around the nostrils its likely a boy.

The second bird looks to be a Yellowface type two recessive pied sky blue. I couldnt give you a fair comment on the sex of this bird without a close up of the cere and head.

·
Crazy Bird Lady
1,122 Posts
i'd say male for the first...and i cant tell for the second, sorry :)

as for mutations, im good with the more basic ones, but not these guys :eek:

·
BuDgIe **ChArMeR**
2,199 Posts
i dont know their mutations it seems it has a lot of info about their mutations from the looks of it..:p
i think the 1st budgie w/ a yellow clear wing is a male (btw its beak is a bit small and sharp? or maybe its just the camera?)
the 2nd budgie that looks like a pied cinnamon is a female..:D male pieds mostly have pink ceres and females have white rings around that nostrils.:D

i hope i helped..:D have a great day!

BTW YOUR BUDGIES ARE UNIQUE..:D i find it hard to completely state their mutations

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first one is a type 2 yellow face opaline dominant pied greywing grey and it appears to be a male

The second is a type 2 yellow face recessive pied sky blue female

·
BuDgIe **ChArMeR**
2,199 Posts
The first one is a type 2 yellow face opaline dominant pied greywing grey and it appears to be a male

lol i knew their mutations have so many statements..O_O :laughing:
hey nev, :) how bout helping me with koochie's mutations?:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks, Nev!

Thank you all for your input--you're great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.