Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some new pics of Shayde at 9.5 months old. Some of you might remember him here :D https://www.talkbudgies.com/other-pets/402162-meet-my-new-boy-shayde.html He's pretty much finished growing now, although he might fill out just a little more. Thai Ridgebacks are considered a "primitive breed" and have some slight physical and behavioral differences from most modern dog breeds. One of the physical differences being that growth finishes sooner.

However, he still has those puppy quirks... such as reducing the selection of human footwear, assuring that none of the chairs or couches have intact cushions (despite his huge dog toy collection), occasionally bumping into walls (although humans do that sometimes too - don't ask me how I know), and accidentally peeing on his front feet :rolleyes:.

He's gone through basic training, but I'm getting him ready to do more, to hopefully learn more of the discipline and skills necessary to behave for some sort of dog sport perhaps, or at least just to get a CGC (Canine Good Citizen) title. Not real sure what direction I'm headed in with him, it obviously depends on what I find is realistic for us. One thing I'm sure of though; he's exceptionally smart and has a tremendous amount of potential, and I'd hate to not "unlock" at least some of it.

Shayde says thanks for looking :)

·
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a pic from the breeder before I got him. With siblings. I'm not sure how old they are here, probably a couple months :).

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Shayde is one very handsome fellow!
It sounds as though with his training he is already behaving much better than my barking terrors (Shadow and Rory).

Shadow and Rory send their love!

·
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shayde is one very handsome fellow!
It sounds as though with his training he is already behaving much better than my barking terrors (Shadow and Rory).

Shadow and Rory send their love!
Thanks Deb ;). He doesn't bark too much, but trust me, he can be a terror in other ways! :laughing2:

Shayde sends his love to his long distance buddies Shadow and Rory :D.

He is SUCH a handsome lad!!! I'm so glad for the new pics of Shayde ;)
Shayde says thank you so much Star :D.

·
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! :D

Julia, I couldn’t resist getting him those tags lol :laughing2:. I don’t use them all at once, except for that pic. There are other funny ones I want too.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Pretty boy! I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback at my stable. So interesting seeing the differences between him and a Thai Ridgeback. Both are very muscular and sleek. I just love the ridge of fur going down both their backs!

·
Super Moderator
4,807 Posts
So handsome. Love the picture with the socks on him, but I think he got his revenge when he destroyed the pillow.:giggle:

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Great pictures - Shayde is so handsome.

No wonder Shayde destroyed the pillow - there was a picture of a tiger on it!! :001_tongue:

·
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty boy! I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback at my stable. So interesting seeing the differences between him and a Thai Ridgeback. Both are very muscular and sleek. I just love the ridge of fur going down both their backs!
Thanks Katie :). I love the Rhodesians too. Shayde's hair is even shorter. The Thai's are typically around 20 lbs smaller than the Rhodies.

So handsome. Love the picture with the socks on him, but I think he got his revenge when he destroyed the pillow.:giggle:
Haha we thought he had finally grown out of it, but I guess not. He couldn't stand it and had to do it :laughing2:. The socks he can only leave on if he's busy doing something, otherwise he takes them off like a little kid. :giggle:

Great pictures - Shayde is so handsome.

No wonder Shayde destroyed the pillow - there was a picture of a tiger on it!! :001_tongue:
Deb, he actually used to love that pillow! He would snuggle up with it and even lay his head on it! Maybe he's still a little too young to trust him with shreddable objects ;). We have another one though... a pink one with a Panda :giggle:

He's adorable and clearly a handful, judging by that mess he made :giggle:

Thanks for sharing those pics with us!
Yep.. still a handful. I took him to the dog store today to buy his food, and he embarrassed mom (me :))... he forgot all his training and started acting like an undisciplined child, licking all the treats and chew sticks that were within his reach! :blush:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.