Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just writing this post to see if anyone else has had the same experience. Merlin was sleeping in her back yesterday, all cosy, when she suddenly started sneezing. And sneezing and sneezing and sneezing. She flew off her perch to a higher roost but couldn't stop the sneezing. It scared me to death. It was so rapid I didn't know how she could breathe. I grabbed some water to offer her but I genuinely was just waiting for her to expire and die basically. Her eyes started fluttering shut like she was exhausted from the sneezing.
Eventually she stopped, had a drink and carried on life as normal while I recovered from my mini heart attack. Has this happened to anyone else? She has done this a couple of times before and it terrifies me each time but this was the longest by far. She is totally healthy and happy now - noisy, friendly, flying, eating and washing

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Glad to hear she seem's to be OK now...I agree with Deb, might wanna get it checked....:)

·
Super Moderator
20,165 Posts
Mallorn was having a very excited millet date yesterday and she must have inhaled a little piece of husk. She sneezed like 10 or 15 times until she was rid of the particle and was fine afterwards. That may have been it if she was doing something like eating or bathing in which something could have gotten into her nares ;)

If not, I agree that a vet checkup would be the best thing :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.