Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the boy is about 6 1/2 months and has been slowly molting for a few weeks. I believe without a doubt that Shiloh is a boy as more and more white is starting to show up on his cheeks and face around beak

Looks like he got hit with a molt bomb, he has lost about half his tail

· Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shiloh is such a handsome guy. :love:

It looks like Soterion is thinking that Shiloh might make a good friend even if he is a little bigger than the rest of the flock. ;)
Thank's Deb. I can't wait to see what he look's like after a molt or two...not that it matter's, he is a sweet little guy.

Soterion is a lot like Samara, Just loaded with personality, and inquisitivness...the King and Seffra can be kind of stand offish, but not these two...:)

Shiloh is so beautiful looks like he has made a friend for life. Indi will be his friend he is Molting to.
Thank you sister. I am sure Shiloh would value Indi's friendship...:)

Reactions: FaeryBee

· Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a very handsome boy right there! It seems like he is getting along with the budgies.
Thank you Dee. To be honest, I haven't let him spend a lot of time with them yet. He has been around them about 7 or 8 times, for maybe 15 minutes. I am going to give him more time with them in the future though...:)

Reactions: Jo Ann

· Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a cute little guy, I just want to grab his cheeks and say "hello Cutie" And thankyou so much for sneaking Soterion in the picture I just love that boy he is stunning.:)
Shiloh and Soterion both said to tell that nice lady Cathy Thank you...:)

· Member of the Month August 2013
5,147 Posts
Shiloh is looking regal even in full moult. I am even tempted to rush out and get me a tiel. But no, I am staying a budgie girl :laugh:

Gorgeous pics :)

Reactions: Jonah

· Budgetarian Award Recipient November 2014
871 Posts
wooaaaaah... What a beautiful boy Shiloh is... Very handsome. Love the spikes... DO all the tiels have such a hair do? I find it fascinating.

· Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
6 months old already, time does fly! Your Shiloh is growing up beautifully, he is such a cutie. :)

Reactions: Jonah

· Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
Randy it is pretty easy to tell the sex of a normal coloured Cockatiel, normal greys, normal cinnamon, normal whiteface etc. Just look under the wings and if the spots go right up to the equivalent of the armpit it is a girl if they only go to the equivalent of the elbow or halfway it is a boy. He does look like a boy as from the new tail feather I can just see in the picture it is a solid colour and the flecked tail feather is the last of the juvenile tail feathers to drop. Females retain the flecked tail feathers and the males have solid colour. From the picture it is possible that he is carrying pied.

Lovely bird with a really good thick crest.

· Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Shiloh is looking regal even in full moult. I am even tempted to rush out and get me a tiel. But no, I am staying a budgie girl :laugh:

Gorgeous pics :)
Thank you Li...you'll still be a budgie girl if you have a tiel or two...;)

wooaaaaah... What a beautiful boy Shiloh is... Very handsome. Love the spikes... DO all the tiels have such a hair do? I find it fascinating.
Thank you Juhi...Yes, all tiel have the spikes, or crest's. Some longer and nicer than other's, but they all have them...:)

6 months old already, time does fly! Your Shiloh is growing up beautifully, he is such a cutie. :)
Yes, they told me he was about 4 months when I got him. Time does fly...thank you Ana...:)

Randy it is pretty easy to tell the sex of a normal coloured Cockatiel, normal greys, normal cinnamon, normal whiteface etc. Just look under the wings and if the spots go right up to the equivalent of the armpit it is a girl if they only go to the equivalent of the elbow or halfway it is a boy. He does look like a boy as from the new tail feather I can just see in the picture it is a solid colour and the flecked tail feather is the last of the juvenile tail feathers to drop. Females retain the flecked tail feathers and the males have solid colour. From the picture it is possible that he is carrying pied.

Lovely bird with a really good thick crest.
Thank you Kate. I did notice that tail thing too. When I first got him the tail was barred all the way down almost, and slowly as the old have fallen out and new start to grow, the bars are gone. I will be looking under his wings later today. He is such a sweet bird, I really don't care what sex or how the appearance turns out....:)

Yep Kate hit it on the nose,I helped sex my best friends tiels...by looking at the spots under the wings,half way up boy, all the way girl...he is a very gorgeous boy and he knows it ;)
Thank you Kim....gonna be having a peek under his wing's later today....;)

Reactions: Kate C
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.