Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Covered bridge, snow, one horse open sleigh...look's, and feel's just like end of the year in skipooterky land... Love the hat's...;)

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Oh my, that looks just like the bridge in Sleepy Hollow and I hear an owl chanting "Skip-oo-terky".:scare::D

I'm also very curious to see who their Granny is:giggle:

·
Administrator
59,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Covered bridge, snow, one horse open sleigh...look's, and feel's just like end of the year in skipooterky land... Love the hat's...;)
Thanks Randy! Their little "Quaker" styled hats seemed so appropriate for a horse drawn carriage ride through the Mid-West. :D

Oh my, that looks just like the bridge in Sleepy Hollow and I hear an owl chanting "Skip-oo-terky".:scare::D

I'm also very curious to see who their Granny is:giggle:
The Mid-West still has quite a few wonderful covered bridges, especially near where I grew up in Indiana.
I've always loved Covered Bridges and, to me, they are especially beautiful when it snows.

I love this one! What a treat it is to see the boys going on a horse carriage ride! :D
Aww, thanks, Ana!

·
Administrator
59,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know I would love to be in this ride with them! :D Stunning picture and I also love their hats!
Thank you, Despina! :)

Another fun day for Skipooterky :D. Those boys are pretty lucky! I hope we get to see "grandma"! :giggle:
The boys do seem to enjoy themselves, don't they? There are no plans for an appearance from "Grandma" however. :laughing1:

·
Administrator
59,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What great wonder will be revealed on Jan 6. Many countries celebrate the gifts of the magi. Enjoy every birdie!!! Jo Ann:p
Oh dear! :eek:
Now I'l have to put my creativity hat back on and try to come up with something inspired for the 6th!

I sure hope some magickal thoughts come to me soon 'cause I'm feeling a little tapped out after the Countdown. :laughing1:

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Oh how wonderful it is indeed ,magical and so peaceful, just the steady clip clop and soft fluffy snow. I too fell in love with your amazing covered bridges they do have a touch of magic about them. I will be following this one for sure.:clap::smow:

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
This is just adorable--looks like they're excited to be going on their little trip!

I also love covered bridges, they're just beautiful!
And echoey--not that I've ever tested out that theory, of course :p

Since I'm the one who indirectly sapped all your creativity because of the Countdown, if you do want to make one for the 6th, I have a few ideas I can PM you, if you'd like ;)

·
Administrator
59,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Oh how wonderful it is indeed ,magical and so peaceful, just the steady clip clop and soft fluffy snow. I too fell in love with your amazing covered bridges they do have a touch of magic about them. I will be following this one for sure.:clap::smow:
Thanks, Cathy -- This particular picture is just a single adventure so there won't be a series this time. Actually, this is the boy's last "adventure" for 2015.

Pretty little Arabian pulling that sleigh for the boys! Looks like fun and they are quite dashing in their hats... I, too, am curious about Grandma.... I'm sure she's quite excited to see her handsome grandsons!!!
Thanks, Judy.
Sorry -- Grandma is not planning to make any appearances. :laughing1:

This is just adorable--looks like they're excited to be going on their little trip!

I also love covered bridges, they're just beautiful!
And echoey--not that I've ever tested out that theory, of course :p

Since I'm the one who indirectly sapped all your creativity because of the Countdown, if you do want to make one for the 6th, I have a few ideas I can PM you, if you'd like ;)
Yep, definitely echoey - and I have tested the theory on more than one occasion! :laughing1:

I've started working on a picture for the 6th AND I would absolutely LOVE for you to PM me any ideas/suggestions you may have.

I'm always looking for inspiration for new pictures. :D

·
3,537 Posts
Hey, I've just figured out who granny is...

Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go...for some yummy See's chocolate!:D:p

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,764 Posts
Nick that MUST BE Skipooterky's grandma!! Of course!

Gigi, I think Granny See's candies rival Snickers! :) Okay... thanks a lot, I'm really salivating now and am getting a bad craving for chocolate candies, which I never keep in this house unfortunately!! :eek:

·
Administrator
59,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, I've just figured out who granny is...

Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go...for some yummy See's chocolate!:D:p
Nick--does Granny See make Snickers?
Nick that MUST BE Skipooterky's grandma!! Of course!

Gigi, I think Granny See's candies rival Snickers! :) Okay... thanks a lot, I'm really salivating now and am getting a bad craving for chocolate candies, which I never keep in this house unfortunately!! :eek:
You guys are too funny!

I'm very curious as to why everyone became so interested in seeing the Grandmother? :rolleyes:
Doesn't anyone know the song I referenced?

·
3,537 Posts

You guys are too funny!

I'm very curious as to why everyone became so interested in seeing the Grandmother? :rolleyes:
Doesn't anyone know the song I referenced?
The 'grandmother' should have been 'grandfather' and was originally a Thanksgiving poem, but you know the Jedikeet always like to put his own silly spin on things;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.