Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This first photo is the most accurate as far as color but still off. The purple arrows are where there are light areas of violet. The blue is where she has skyblue color. I am confused if she has a violet factor as what I have read is a bird can have some violet and not have any violet factors so am unsure if this is the case?

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
I don't see any violet but I am not an expert so maybe wait for someone who is more experienced with this sort of thing :) He/she is a cutie well done with that little bub :love:

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Violet doesn't show up well in photos, and if you read my questions you really need to know violet genes in order to answer my question. But thanks.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I can see violet in the nape of the neck area and you are right about the colour not showing effectively - it is so frustrating as you can see the wildness of the colour but it doesn't replicate on film.

Also, I would have thought with the 2 other siblings being violet - surely would this one not also contain the violet factor? That would make sense to me - although way above my head as far as in depth mutation understanding goes - so I may be wrong.

A little beauty though Teasha - this clutch has really done you proud :love:

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can see violet in the nape of the neck area and you are right about the colour not showing effectively - it is so frustrating as you can see the wildness of the colour but it doesn't replicate on film.

Also, I would have thought with the 2 other siblings being violet - surely would this one not also contain the violet factor? That would make sense to me - although way above my head as far as in depth mutation understanding goes - so I may be wrong.

A little beauty though Teasha - this clutch has really done you proud :love:
Thanks Deb. :)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Oh my, sorry I can't help with mutations. I just have to say what a lovely chick! I can't wait to see them all grown up :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A lot of my opaline spangles look slightly violet around the neck & shoulder area but I don't think they are violets.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A lot of my opaline spangles look slightly violet around the neck & shoulder area but I don't think they are violets.
Ok. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Like most have said I can't see any violet but that doesn't mean it's not there. I have violets and I change the color in photo shop to make the violet show true. I'm not sure why but for some reason cameras don't capture the violet it turns out blue. But anyway What do the parents look like? Do they have any violet genes? A bird can either be 0 factor violet singls factor violet or double factor violet. 0 means there is no violet, single means it's violet tinted and double means depending on the sade and body color it should be true violet.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dad is a cobalt violet and mom is a skyblue violet. I do have a journal up if you wanted to browse through. I have read and read on violets and still end up confused. I think it helps me to see my subject and photos do not show true so I don't have that visual aid. Since photos do not show violet, is there a common object to compare the different shades of violet to.

I am also interested in how many factor my other chick has. http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=63046 She is a violet cobalt so has at least one dark factor. How can I tell if it has two? I'm almost thinking she does have two. The color is darker than the photos show, more vibrant.

She is all violet there is no blue in her feathering except the navy blue tail. Her dad is a violet cobalt and mom is a skyblue cinnamon spangle violet. They are here: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=61068

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Teasha, this one is my fav of the three. You can just send her on down. :) I've got lots of room and plenty of budgie friends for her. :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I can see the violet on the back of her neck, have no idea what if anything that means in the way of mutations......but she is beautiful :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oi - Hands off you Erin - that boid is MINE :laughing:
:laughing:

Teasha, this one is my fav of the three. You can just send her on down. :) I've got lots of room and plenty of budgie friends for her. :D
Hurry before Debbie comes! :D

I can see the violet on the back of her neck, have no idea what if anything that means in the way of mutations......but she is beautiful :)
Thanks!

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Debbie, i live closer so you'd better start planning a trip. Also, if you take Teasha's bub, who is gonna take mine? :D

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Okay! What a great plan! You pick up Teasha's bub, bring it to me, and then take your pick of my clutch! How very sweet of you to help me acquire my newest budgie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.