Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this little budgie a couple of weeks ago.She had no flight feathers when I first got her & her markings didn't look quite right.Now the flight feathers are growing back in but like her wing markings they look "smudged" they are not really clear.Is this normal or is she dirty marked?

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
awww she is so cute, i think the "smudging" is normal. My recessive pied hen has some of those on her wings too :)
Is this cutie a recessive pied too?

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
She is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Some of my recessive pieds also have faint smudges, although not as heavy as your sweetie.

I think your bird is a recessive pied because I think dominant pieds have clear flight feathers. But I'm sure an expert will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. :p

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
She is a darkly marked recessive pied cobalt. How much colour the gene removes is random, which explains the 'smudging' effect of only partially removing some of the melanin there..

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
She is a darkly marked recessive pied cobalt. How much colour the gene removes is random, which explains the 'smudging' effect of only partially removing some of the melanin there..
She looks a bit like my heavily marked cobalt YF1 recessive pied, who has even fewer clear areas.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thankyou for all replies & thankyou susan for posting your pic I have 3 other Rec Pieds & I assumed Imogen was a Dom pied!Hence why I thought there was a prob with the smudging.Thankyou Dean for confirming!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.