Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am an owner of two budgies and one of them has soiled vent. He had this before and we thought that he ate something bad. Than I noticed that it itches him and there are stacks of poop on his vent. I am really worried that this could be diarrhea and that my budgie is in pain. :S
Please help and thank you for your answers! :budgie:

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
Hello, the first thing you have to do is wash his vent and get rid of all the mess. use warm water and a soft cloth or cotton wool. Then gently pat the area dry.
What colour are his droppings, and the consistency like? Is he eating a lot of vegies, has he recently been moulting or been stressed about something perhaps?
I would recommend taking him to an avian vet for a check up and get them to look at his poop under a microscope. Get some probiotics, these help the gut with good bacteria. Also can you possibly post a picture of the budgie's vent for us and the poop?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
His droppings are green, white and black and they are quite solid. He hasn't been moulting or stressed and he recives normal seeds and fruit (occasional lettuce). I am sorry for the bad picture, but he is kind of stubborn.

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
If they have too much lettuce this can give them runny poops, If you can buy some probiotics I would recommend it. they are not too expensive I sprinkle it over the seed, crumble , pellet mix. It really helps.

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
With a budgie having a wet and pasted vent if it were me, I would be taking it to an avian and have a thorough check up, is he eating more than usual? It could be something that needs treatment, only a qualified avian vet can diagnose correctly.
If you are worried the best thing is to take him for a check up.

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
Please let us know what the vet says about your budgie's vent problem, ask them as many questions as you can whilst you are there. Write down any thing that might be worrying you.:budgie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.