Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new baby lovie!!! Just had it one night and have had him/her out playing in my bedroom this morning - talk about energetic!!!! It is just so wonderful to have another hand-tamed bird since I lost my budgie Frankie. I've missed that so much.

He/she is having a vet trip today for a wellness check and I may get him/her DNAd too. Baby climbed up the side of the curtain and sat on the rod! It then explored my bed the window sill, pillows, floor cupboards .. well everywhere.

Any ideas for names? It's only 6 weeks old but seems very healthy and happy. It's FINALLY still and quiet on top of the curtain just looking at me. It will sit on my shoulder and hand but not for long which is fine. I know it will take time for it to get used to its new environment and me. It steps up on command already though which is wonderful! I think I have my work cut out for me with this little one - full of beans!! Apparently its favourite are snow pea beans the breeder told me, so maybe that's why it's literally full of beans :rolleyes:

Hope you like the photos. There will be MANY more I'm sure as its colours change over time and it becomes more settled in. :) It may even have to have a rocking horse like Khaleesi I think ;)

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Wow Madonna...what a sweet little baby...:love:

I'd say well worth the wait....congrat's and thank's for sharing....:)

Reactions: Frankie'sFriend

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I really cannot believe what a delight this little one is already! It has played and now is back in its cage which for the moment I have put in my patio area out the back where I am as well. It LOVES it out there and is just so content in its cage, preening and doing its little 'peep' every now and then. The budgie boys always like being out in that area too coz there are trees and bushes and flowers and birds all around.

Clover is a cool name, I'll add it to my list - which is not a list at all yet. :) Thanks for that suggestion Deb.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Oh Madonna! What a cutie!! He looks like a Fearless Freddie to me!! :D

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Yay, I'm so happy for you Madonna!! :party::woot: Congratulations on your incredibly adorable baby lovie! :D
Khaleesi is saying he can share his rocking horse with your lovie!
By the way, the first vibe in terms of gender that I got from looking at your baby's pictures was boy, so we will see if it turns out true or not. ;)
Good luck at the vet's!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh Madonna! What a cutie!! He looks like a Fearless Freddie to me!! :D
Ha ha, love it 'Fearless Freddie' - he is rather fearless!

Yay, I'm so happy for you Madonna!! :party::woot: Congratulations on your incredibly adorable baby lovie! :D
Khaleesi is saying he can share his rocking horse with your lovie!
By the way, the first vibe in terms of gender that I got from looking at your baby's pictures was boy, so we will see if it turns out true or not. ;)
Good luck at the vet's!
Thanks Ana. I sent away DNA feathers today so should know in a week or so what it is. And thank Khaleesi for me. He is so very kind to share his rocking horse with my baby ;)

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
What a little cutie! I'm so glad that you're having a great experience, and I love the picture with the penguin. :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What a little cutie! I'm so glad that you're having a great experience, and I love the picture with the penguin. :)
Thanks, yes, it's certainly filled the house with joy - well even more joy. I can see why people just keep getting more and more birds!

Oh my goodness! :eek: If that isn't the most adorable lovie I've ever seen!
He looks like a little angel!!
What about Kalani (unisex and Hawaiian!) or Bristol? I like Clover, too :D
Thanks, he is very very sweet and seems to go to anyone. The kids next door who are visiting their grandparents for a few days have fallen in love with him and have been over yesterday and were up at 6 today their grandma told me to see him. THanks for the name suggestion. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.