Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're budgie looks yf2 opaline sky blue to me.Don't know about the sex.Opaline is a sex linked mutation.To show it must come from the ****.If she is a hen she will produce males split for opaline and normal hens.You'd need a male carrying the opaline gene either visible or in split form,An opaline **** and opaline hen would produce 100% opaline chicks.A split opaline **** and opaline hen would produce 25% opaline cocks,25% opaline hens,25% split opaline cocks and 25% normal hens.If you're budgie is a male and you pair it to a normal hen the cocks would all be split opaline and all hens opaline.The YF2 would show in half of blue chicks.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
opaline is sex-linked recessive, so if you want to breed some you will need a mate with the opaline gene too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thank you all so much! This is why I love this forum! Everyone is so helpful and supportive!

Thank you all for the lovely comments as well! I think she's beautiful but I'm biased!:D

Also, I'll agree with the last couple of remarks, it's so hard to see her colors properly on the camera I have; she really is more cobalt but has some splotches of yellow-y teal on her rear. Beside the point though.

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.