·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first, I just want to get other opinions on the colors of my budgies

Pure English
Female I was told was considered a sky blue lacewing

The male I am assuming is a Dark green

This weekend, they were going like bunnies. Am I correct in thinking that if she is indeed a lacewing, that is a sex linked trait... So if it does get passed on to offspring, it will be male only ?

So can I expect Normal cocks/split lacewing... Lacewing cocks
and then Normal females ?

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
it's actually a skyblue spangle :) and a green opaline (not sure) about your male but its an opaline for sure

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sky spangle definitely. probably just the light but maybe some violet? idk probably just the light. the male looks like a dark green opaline as Airan said. But are his cheek patches lightish in real life? If so, maybe he's a grey green? Another picture might be helpful. They are beautiful though!!

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
You have a sky blue spangle hen and a grey green opaline male. All female chicks will be opaline. %50 of chicks will be spangle, %50 of the chicks will be grey factored. If your male is split to blue, you can expect greys and grey greens. The color of chicks that aren't greys will vary because we don't know what dark factors he is masking. They're a beautiful pair. :loveeyes:

G

·
Yes, the hen is correct, that is, a skyblue spangle.

No, the **** is incorrect. He is an olive green opaline ****. His black tail feathers give out the clue to his mutation.

Assuming both are not split for any mutation,

Olive green opaline **** + Skyblue spangle hen = 100% darkgreen with half spangle and half normals. All females chicks would be opalines.

Beautiful pair you got there. What are their names ?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I didn't even look at the tail feathers - I went by the cheek patches. Black tail feathers would still support a grey factored bird whereas a green bird (in any shade) would have blue tail feathers.

·
Registered
648 Posts

No, the **** is incorrect. He is an olive green opaline ****. His black tail feathers give out the clue to his mutation.

Assuming both are not split for any mutation,

Olive green opaline **** + Skyblue spangle hen = 100% darkgreen with half spangle and half normals. All females chicks would be opalines.

Beautiful pair you got there. What are their names ?
this. If the male is split to blue, you will have a higher chance of them throwing blues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope so, would love some blues.. But either way...Im excited. Maybe its just hopeful thinking, but when she emerged out of the next box this morning ( no eggs ) it looked as if she has plucked some of her chest feathers out.. :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahaha, my budgie is knockered up ! Her butt ( vent lol ) is poochie ( technical term lol ) and she not poo ing normal little drops... big ol poo.. and definately missing some feathers in the chest...cause they all in the next box lol hehehe i cant wait !

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree with Erin, the female is a sky spangle and the male a grey green opaline :)

As was mentioned he is a grey green rather than olive, here is some help to identify the differences between the two. They are often confused but you can tell the difference especially if you look at the cheeks and tail: http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/olive-or-grey-green.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ty! Excited to have some English babies! And the parents were still doing the deed this morning lordy! She has no shame!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.