Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my spangles.I have bred a DF spangle (yellow) to a SF spangle opaline greywing cobalt (hen) they only had one egg hatch & the resulting baby has very interesting colouring.The chick has yellow head,mantle & wings that also goes halfway down the body.Spangle wing markings with white flight feathers.The back,underbelly,vent & around the legs has come through a blue/purple/grey colour & on base near tail has slight green then yellow tail feathers.I will get a pic soon as I can get hold of a camera! Can the father (DF spangle) be hiding other mutations?

·
Registered
591 Posts
You can't see any of the other mutations your DF male may have. My yellow DF spangle male (avatar) is also dominant pied and at least split for opaline....as revealed in his offspring. (signature)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The double factor spangle could be masking any other mutation and either bird could be split for other mutations. It sounds like your chick is a single factor spangle with another mutation as well. From your description I would guess yellow face recessive pied spangle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.