Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone said that Sparx is a recessive pied budgie but I just wanted to double check so I thought I would post pictures on here to see what you guys think. Also if he is a recessive pied does that mean his cere will stay this color and he won't get any iris rings in his eyes either? Just wondering just so I know. My husband keeps questioning whether he is a male or not lol but I am quite sure he is. What do you think?

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Yes he is a recessive pied male and a very cute one too :loveeyes:

His cere will stay that colour, will not develop iris rings and he will always have those cute little pink feet ;)

Don't be surprised if the yellow on him intensifies after his first moult, it is quite common :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, Zeena! I think you may have been the one who said he was a recessive pied :) I believed you if so but just wanted to double check and find out the cere and iris thing too so thank you so much for letting me know! And I knew he was a male.. just had to prove it to my hubby hehe :p I was wondering about his little pink feet too. Good to know :) And that is cool that the yellow may intensify. He is a cutie now but that would be pretty sweet too for the color to be a bit brighter. He should be going through a molt sometime soon since I think he is probably 5-6 months old at least since he has lost some of his cap feathers but not a lot of them yet.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Alexis :) It's ok I'm not great with mutations either :p

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Zeena & Nev 90! I really appreciate you letting me know. I had no idea lol. Thank you! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.