Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
After the second moult my grey budgie looks like a grey split for recessive pied.
But I'm not sure, i'm not expert. Could someone tell me if he can be split for recessive pied?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
What makes you think he is split? :)
Birds that are split for r.pied will sometimes have a clear patch on the back of their heads like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don t know but i read something about eyes of budgies split for recessive pied(?).
His mother was a lutino who had one recessive pied brother,these all of my breeding ,but i never have some recessive pied!?

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Being split for r.pied does not affect the eyes. Normals split for recessive pied will get iris rings and a blue cere :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the two firsts pictures this is my beautiful cobalt and on the third it's my mauve.they are brothers with the first one grey.

I can t see the iris ring of my grey?thas it mean something?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
On the two firsts pictures this is my beautiful cobalt and on the third it's my mauve.they are brothers with the first one grey.

I can t see the iris ring of my grey?thas it mean something?
Iris rings don't show easily on some birds and they depend on age. How old is he?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Yes that can mean he is split for recessive pied. I have a mauve male that is split for recessive pied and he has no iris rings at all and no spot on the back of his head. I wasnt totally sure that he was split to it until he had recessive pied babies this last time.
His father looks exactly like him and has bright white iris rings and is not split for it.
I dont know if all budgies that are split for it automaticly have no iris rings but it definitely can be an indicator from what I have read =)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all,so i will be sure until he makes some chicks if they are not inos(because he s split for ino)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

to tell if he is split it would be best to breed him to a recessive pied hen, they would only produce rec pieds if he is split. and because he is split ino you will get some lovely ino hens from him!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I've got a very beautiful hen,she is cinnamon spangle violet and i can see a white patch behind the head,but i m not sure she s plit for recessive pied?I will post some pics

With the cinnamon ,i can t easily see brown marks on the back of her head!!With some pics you ll tell me more.thanks

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hi ,
Here are some news pics of my future couple,but i don t know if i choose the mauve or the grey to breed with my violet.they are brothers split for ino and c
learflight,and the grey is maybe split for recessive pied
do you mean split for clearwing? clearflight is a dominant variety so they cannot be split for it.

the hen does look like she has a split rec pied spot on her head too. i would put her with the male with the head spot and see if you get pieds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
do you mean split for clearwing? clearflight is a dominant variety so they cannot be split for it.

the hen does look like she has a split rec pied spot on her head too. i would put her with the male with the head spot and see if you get pieds.
sorry with my poor english,you re right they are split for clearwing (not clearflight)and ino.Their mother was a lutino clearwing(because borned in my aviary,and grantmother and grantfather were clearwing),their father is a normal grey with one or two dark factor because darker than his son,i bought him in a shop 4 years ago and so I can't know what is split for!
When they breeded,I thought find some grey green chicks,but they made 3 males:the first is the mauve on the pics,the second is the normal grey(lighter than his father)and the third is cobalt,they are all beautiful and what surprise when I saw these shades of blue but without grey green!!!thath's what I like genetic!!
I don t know when you talk about my male whith the head spot,you talk about the grey?
thanks

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
oops, sorry just got confused. i was thinking if you put her with your male that you think may be split for recessive pied to see if he is!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.