Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know any methods to find out what a budgie is split for?
I already know one, having a patch on the head of a normal means that its split for recessive pied.

Does any one know any thing else?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think I read somewhere that some body color in the bars on the back of the neck and on the wings is an indication that a bird is split for opaline. My Pippa has the little white spot on the back of his head, and he has some body color in his white bars. He is split for recessive pied and for opaline.

·
Budgie Fanaddict
1,885 Posts
A breeder from the Houston Budgerigar Society once told me that for example a green budgie can be found as split for blue if it has a blue suffusion. But I don't know of how to tell with other mutations. ;)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
A breeder from the Houston Budgerigar Society once told me that for example a green budgie can be found as split for blue if it has a blue suffusion. But I don't know of how to tell with other mutations. ;)

Thats good. Means that phoenix is split for blue;)

·
Budgie Fanaddict
1,885 Posts
Does any body know any methods to find out what a budgie is split for? I already know one, having a patch on the head of a normal means that its split for recessive pied.
Oh I forgot to mention that if it has a clear patch on the back of the head it can be identified as a dominant pied. We are presently debating if recessives have that patch as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.