Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i probably should know this. If I breed a pure normal green to a pure normal blue, I believe the expectation is 75% normal green split to blue. 25% normal blue. My question is will all the green ALWAYS be split to blue or is it only a theoretical probability?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for your reply. I understand the split theory but my question is will the birds that are supposed to be split always be split or is it just a theoretical probabililty?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you beed a normal green with a normal blue and they aren't split for anything you will get 100% green chicks. I think half of the green chicks will be split for blue. You can't tell what chicks are split for blue until you breed them.

The only way a green series budgie can be split for blue is if one of its parents was blue series.
You can also have two green/yellow bace birds split for blue that produce a blue based chicks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
A blue parent can only contribute blue so all chicks from a blue parent will be split for blue or blue. You will not get any blues if you have a green parent who is not split to blue. If the green parent is split for blue and bred to a blue parent you will get half blue, half green split for blue.

G

·
i probably should know this. If I breed a pure normal green to a pure normal blue, I believe the expectation is 75% normal green split to blue. 25% normal blue. My question is will all the green ALWAYS be split to blue or is it only a theoretical probability?
Not correct.

100 % green budgies with zero blue budgies (both pure parents). Out of these green budgies, 50% hen and 50% cocks. All hen and cocks are split to blue.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
100 % green budgies with zero blue budgies (both pure parents). Out of these green budgies, 50% hen and 50% cocks. All hen and cocks are split to blue.
Finally this question got a correct answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.