Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ddont know hardly ANYTHING about Yellow mutations.
Im guessing he is a lutino? But he needs red eyes for that?
So maybe a yellowface? Maybe a creamino?

Mutation experts :D

on the right as a bub

May need better pictures? If so let me know, I will get them
in the sunshine tomorrow without flash etc.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe a yf2 dark eyed clear.don't know if such mutation is possible
Oh yay :D Thankyou.

The dark-eyed clear is actually a combination of recessive pied and clearflight pied. When these two mutations are both present, the budgie is has no markings or color. It is either pure yellow (if it is a yellow-based budgie) or pure white (if it is a white-based budgie). The dark-eyed clear's dark eyes never lighten with age, hence the name.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A type 2 yellow face double factor green series spangle , that is if he has an iris ring and black eyes
WOW! Really?
May I ask, How is he a YF2? When theres no green colour?
And how is he green series, if YF2 is a yellow face bleeding
into a blue series bird making it green. Am I missing something? :p
I ill check for an Iris, and the colour of his dark tomorrow :D!
This is very cool, I have no idea on yellows.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
it looks like a blue yf2 dark eyed clear, if so he will not develop an iris ring, but should be all white with the yellow from the yf2.

if he develops an iris ring he is probably a yf2 df spangle, but i would expect him to have a darker beak and legs if that was the case... he looks to have the orange beakand pink legs that the recessive pied would give him...

a creamino is a yf albino so would still have red eyes.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think that most likely he is a type 2 yellow face double factor spangle that is masking recessive pied. The presence of the recessive pied mutation would account for the pink feet & orange beak. If the recessive pied mutation is present he won't develop an iris ring

A picture of the parents would probably give us a better idea of the chick's mutation. If the pied chick is a sibling it is a recessive pied spangle so at least one of the parents must have spangle as part of their mutation. To be double factor spangle both parents would need to be spangle.

The only other possibility is that he is a type 2 yellow face dark eyed clear. If this is his mutation one of his parents would have to be a clearflight pied (or a dark eyed clear) and both parents would need to have a recessive pied gene

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
WOW! Really?
May I ask, How is he a YF2? When theres no green colour?
And how is he green series, if YF2 is a yellow face bleeding
into a blue series bird making it green. Am I missing something? :p
I ill check for an Iris, and the colour of his dark tomorrow :D!
This is very cool, I have no idea on yellows.
Sorry Tegan i meant a spangle blue series

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.