Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have some few issues with my budgie sitting on my finger. He hops on my finger fine but he only stays on if I give him something to eat. I don't move my hand around or anything. The only other time he doesn't hop off is outside his cage because he's too busy looking around and chirping. Any ideas?

· Registered
176 Posts
It sounds like he is still a little afraid of your hand. Rest your hand at the bottom of his cage for about 30 minutes a day (Doesn't have to be all at one time) and just talk and sing to him for about 2 days.

Do the exact same thing as the days pass but move your hand closer to him. Once you can put your hand right next to his feet without him being scared, feed him a treat. This should make him feel more comfortable with your hand.

I used this method with Ace and he will step up no problem and will stay there until he gets bored :giggle: I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure other members will give you better advice than I did :giggle:

· Servant of The King
11,900 Posts
MineOfBudgies is right, your bird is still not completely comfortable yet, but if you keep patient, and keep being his buddy, before long you will have to shoo him away to get some bird free peace....;)

· Administrator
60,477 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.