Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Joey's become cut off from my family and I.

He chirps to the other birds in the morning and seems fine but he normally goes out of his cage and onto his perch/toy outside but that's suddenly stopped.

He's become more attached to his toy (a small thing with a bell) and he won't come out of his cage unless I coax him with millet, and when I do, as soon as the milllet's gone, he hops back into his cage again.

I tried to get him to 'step up' onto my finger but instead, he bit me. He's been nibbling on his cuttlebone quite a bit.

Is there something I can do to help him get out of this behaviour? All help is appreciated.

-- Alice :budgie:

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
It might be a good idea to remove that particular toy for awhile.

How old is Joey now and is he beginning a molt?
It sounds to me like he's entering puberty/his "teenage" phase of independence.

If you post a picture of Joey's cere (full-frontal view taken in natural light) we can help you determine for sure that Joey is a male and not a female. ;)

·
Member Spotlight Award March 2016
1,887 Posts
:) Greetings welcome aboard.I agree with faerybee.hopefully your budgie will get a little calmer.perhaps when you remove the toy,you can then work on the bonding process,with the millet again and slowly regain his interest in you.perhaps some soothing music might help easy him some.plus some gentle talking might help.I wish you great luck and keep us posted,looking forward to seeing a picture as well.blessings always :budgie: Gracie approved

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
Hi Alice, don't stress do you have Photobucket on your computer? It is easy to use and free to download most members here use it including myself.
Down load it then follow the prompts, if you still have problems let us know and we will help you through it.
Joey has fallen in love with the stunning budgie he sees in his bell, many budgies do this or with a mirror toy. Simply take away the toy and spend as much time as possible with him. Speaking to him from afar even helps him know you are around. :cobalt linnie:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.