Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What do you guys make of this french girl?

This is what I got from a gentleman who had it in France in 2008, this is what he told me.

Father recessive pied X normal blue / ??
Père pie danois bleu X normale bleu / ??

As a flegling, the forehead only appeared really "flecky" (only english word he used)
A la sortie du nid le front était seulement d'apparence très " flecky "

His sister (cinnamon blue) as the same pattern in her markings, without color on the head.
Sa soeur (bleu cinnamon) a le même dessin de panachure, sans coloration de la tête.

has the eye of the danish pied
Oeil de pie danoise

The marking of the chest like the dutch pieds, white descending under the spots.
Panachure de poitrine comme les pies hollandaises. (blanc descendant sous les spots)

No blotches (color patches) on the wings and on the tail (faulty?)
Pas de panachures aux ailes et la queue (fautive ?)

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
I'm sorry, I have no head for genetics. But she sure is a beautiful girl! I'll be following this thread to see what the breeders and genetics experts have to say about her. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The bird is a recessive pied with heavy flecking on it's face. The distribution of the pied patches is fairly common for recessive pieds. The face marking is probably just flecking, which is becoming increasingly common, particularly in birds that have an opaline background, but it is remotely possible that it could be the british coal face mutation combining with recessive pied

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's not so young Louara, she was born in 2008.

Thank you Nev, this is pretty much what everyone tougtht, it's just that our genetic people are temporarely unavailable, and mutations is really not my thing.

The bird is not mine Demzo, she's in France, it's quite a long way from any of my males!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.