Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a ten week old baby budgie who has already developed darkish brown iris rings!! If I had purchased him I would think he is between 4 and 8 months. Why is he developing them so soon? A few other babies seem to be beveloping them too, of the three we still have. Also one of the babies Zeus who is only going to be 9 weeks on Saturday has dark brown rings! Even though he is suppose to be a recessive pied. What could be going on, or are they just different?

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Are you sure your bird is 10 weeks old as if he is ceveloping his brown iris ring then that is strange. Bird typically develop a brown/light grey iris ring over 8 months of age therefore your bird must have matured faster then the average bird.

Of course it could be down to mutation?

G

·
Hi Hannah

Same thing here. Looks like it is normal. My 2 eldest normals at 8 weeks old (57 days old) have the brown iris rings. I also was surprised when I noticed the brown iris rings 2 days ago upon closer look at their eyes.

Are the information in the internet about ages of young babies be trusted or not ? Now we two have the real experiences.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I notice dark brown iris rings on just about all of my babies :)

Its white iris rings that develop with age ;) They still have an iris before they turn white, its just not as noticible :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.