Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I looked at this lutino I've notice something strange. It is as if I can see markings on the wings - the edges of the wings are a brighter yellow than the rest of the feather. All my other lutinos I had in the past was of an even colour. This is a baby bred from a greygreen/blue ino **** and a greygreen TCB/blue hen. Please explain - or is it normal? Hope picture is good enough to see the markings.
Bird Cockatoo Beak Sulphur-crested cockatoo Wood

Bird Beak Yellow Feather Parrot

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
she is a creamino, like Alex's hen. :)
there she is.. does your budgie look like her?

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Id say Creamino also. Looks like my Chiffon. I could take her off your hands if you like :).

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id say Creamino also. Looks like my Chiffon. I could take her off your hands if you like :).
Thanks, but not necessary. I need her for further breeding in my TCB breeding programme!
she is a creamino, like Alex's hen. :)
there she is.. does your budgie look like her?
The head of my bird isn't darker than the rest of her body.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
I wonder if there may be golden face gene acting here? The bird would be a deeper yellow than a yellow face cremino, but will turn a lot darker in the adult molt and look lutino. I'm just guessing here though without knowing parents genetics (and being a total newbie haha), but might be something to look into :p time will also tell. Gorgeous bird :D I definitely see the differences you are talking about, quite striking :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow! What a gorgeous bird! How would you breed for that color? Congrats!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whatever she is, she is a gorgeous little girl!!
Thanks!
I wonder if there may be golden face gene acting here? The bird would be a deeper yellow than a yellow face cremino, but will turn a lot darker in the adult molt and look lutino. I'm just guessing here though without knowing parents genetics (and being a total newbie haha), but might be something to look into :p time will also tell. Gorgeous bird :D I definitely see the differences you are talking about, quite striking :D
I have the pedigree of both birds up to their grandparents and there is no YF or GF recorded, but everything is possible. I can't wait to see what's going to happen to her after her adult molt.
Wow! What a gorgeous bird! How would you breed for that color? Congrats!
Like I said: **** is a greygreen/ino blue and hen is a greygreen TCB/blue.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Thanks!

I have the pedigree of both birds up to their grandparents and there is no YF or GF recorded, but everything is possible. I can't wait to see what's going to happen to her after her adult molt.

Like I said: **** is a greygreen/ino blue and hen is a greygreen TCB/blue.
Ooooh, you may have hit upon something new then :D will be interesting to see the chick develop adult plumage :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.