Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Everyone!!! I bought a very strange weird flower plant for my mother for her birthday. Her birthday isn't till July but this is what she wanted. So i bought it for her on Saturday.

It is called a Bat Flower it really does look like a Bat but it has these long whiskers coming from the flower. It has no smell and looks quite weird..

My mother said she had one a long time ago but i don't remember it so i thought id share this flower with you all to see if you have seen this..

A Bat Flower.

Thank you for stopping by and having a look at the weird flower..

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear. I better shift Indigo he is in the lounge room with the bat plant i don't want him to get the evil eye from the bat plant. hee hee... Thank you for the research. Ill go back and read more. I better not look at it today.. I'm going to move Indigo now don't want the bat plant to stalk Indigo with him looking at it all day...

I found this in your research Deb...
Allegedly, evil eye will start stalking you if you spend too much time looking the plant

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indigo is adorable. I know he loves his bell. My oliver has a thing for bells also.
I got another video of Indigo with his bell last night i hope we can see it i am waiting to get one in the day time and as soon as i get it ill post it on. Indi is a nut when he is with his bell he goes so silly he swings his bell around while he is hanging on the bars and talks with the bell in his beak at the same time i am worried he will fall off...

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Wow....see or learn something new everyday. I confess I have never seen nothing like it. Thank's for sharing it Lyn, I'm sure your mum is pleased...:)

Reactions: LynandIndigo

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow....see or learn something new everyday. I confess I have never seen nothing like it. Thank's for sharing it Lyn, I'm sure your mum is pleased...:)
Thanks Randy. My mum said that you can buy them all over the world maybe you can get one for your wife. It is really a weird plant and you can also get it in white to.. I learn't something to when i saw it in the plant store the other day..

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
What an interesting flower! It looks like an orchid gone crazy :) A very nice early-birthday present!

Reactions: LynandIndigo

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What an interesting flower! It looks like an orchid gone crazy :) A very nice early-birthday present!
Thank you Bethany. Come to think of it it does look like an orchid.

I have seen them before when I had a rose nursery. I saw them at the plant wholesalers when I went there getting stock. They certainly are a spectacular flower.
Thank you Kate. I think you can only get them in white and the colour i posted today. But it is sure interesting flower.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.